This is a hotel/fishing package for 2 persons for 3 full-day offshore trips on 22′ Boston Whaler Rainbow Runner, and 4 nights at Hotel Pasatiempo in Tamarindo.
Fish with Capt. Gerald Ruiz looking for sailfish, blue, black, and striped marlin, dorado (mahi-mahi), and yellowfin tuna. Capt. Gerald has fished out of Tamarindo for over 30 years and is fully bilingual. The 22′ Boston Whaler Rainbow Runner is fully equipped for fishing and safety, with twin Yamaha four-stroke outboards with center console, and features a large Bimini top, outriggers, downrigger, Tuna Tubes, fighting chair, state-of-the-art electronics and complete safety and emergency gear. A box lunch is included on each fishing day.
Hotel Pasatiempo is a cozy boutique hotel situated in a lush tropical garden, with rooms surrounding a swimming pool. Rooms feature high-efficiency A/C, flat-screen cable televisions, comfortable orthopedic mattresses with divine pillow-tops, private bathrooms with shower and hot water, safety deposit boxes and private terraces. Breakfast is included for each day of your stay.
The Rainbow Runner is a 22' unsinkable Boston Whaler powered by twin 60 HP Yamaha 4-stroke outboards, and has a center console, fighting chair, and large bimini top for shade.
The boat is outfitted for professional fishing and is a perfect match for single anglers, couples, or a group of 3 to 4 persons. Amenities include:
- Fighting Chair
- Tuna Tubes
- State of the Art Electronics
- Safety and Emergency Gear
Breakfast is included at the hotel each day, as well as a box lunch on the boat on each of the fishing days.
Included on each full day charter is the following:
• Sunscreen is not included! There is a lot of sun here in the tropics, even on overcast days. Even on boats with lots of shade, the sun is reflected off the water, so plan on bringing sunscreen, and perhaps a hat and shoes.
• Seasickness remedies are not included.
Please bring cash as a gratuity for the crew!
• Crew gratuities are not included. A tip of 10-20% for the boat is customary.
Rates include all taxes and fees, including 13% hotel tax. Daily breakfast is included in the hotel rate, and a box lunch is included on the boat each fishing day.
• Please note that fishing licenses are required for sportfishing in Costa Rica, and can be purchased online from the INCOPESCA website. We have posted a translated guide to using the license purchase page here. If for any reason you have trouble purchasing a license, we'll be happy to help out on this end.
Capt. Gerald Ruiz has been fishing out of Tamarindo for over 30 years. A devoted fisherman, Gerald has accumulated a wealth of local knowledge over the years and has composed a variety of techniques to suit the unique fishing conditions in Tamarindo. Gerald kind of takes fishing personally, and you'll find no one more committed to producing a successful trip.