3/4 day charters fishing out of Tamarindo aboard the Rainbow Runner go offshore to troll for sailfish, marlin, tuna, and mahi-mahi. As time and weather allow, the charter may also do some inshore fishing, trolling for dolphinfish (mahi-mahi or, locally, dorado), mackerel, wahoo, tuna, and other species, or bottom fishing for roosterfish, grouper, amberjack, snapper or shark.
3/4 day trips are 7 hours. We meet for charters on the beach in Tamarindo in front of restaurant El Chiringuito (see Location tab) at 7:00 AM. There is limited parking here, but this beach pick-up point is just a short walk down the beach from many hotels in Tamarindo.
The Rainbow Runner is a 22' unsinkable Boston Whaler powered by twin 60 HP Yamaha 4-stroke outboards, and has a center console, fighting chair, and large bimini top for shade.
The boat is outfitted for professional fishing and is a perfect match for single anglers, couples, or a group of 3 to 4 persons. Amenities include:
- Fighting Chair
- Tuna Tubes
- State of the Art Electronics
- Safety and Emergency Gear
Included on all 3/4 day charters is the following:
• Sunscreen is not included! There is plenty of sun here in the tropics, even on overcast days. Even on boats with lots of shade, the sun is reflected off of the water, so plan on bringing sunscreen, and perhaps a hat and shoes.
• Seasickness remedies are not included.
Please bring cash for a gratuity for the crew!
• Crew gratuities are not included. A tip of 10-20% for the boat is customary.
Capt. Gerald Ruiz has been fishing out of Tamarindo for over 30 years. A devoted fisherman, Gerald has accumulated a wealth of local knowledge over the years and has composed a variety of techniques to suit the unique fishing conditions in Tamarindo. Gerald kind of takes fishing personally, and you'll find no one more committed to producing a successful trip.