3/4 day charters fishing out of Tamarindo aboard the Osprey go offshore to troll for sailfish, marlin, tuna, and mahi-mahi. As time and weather allow, the charter may also do some inshore fishing, trolling for dolphinfish (mahi-mahi or, locally, dorado), mackerel, wahoo, tuna, and other species, or bottom fishing for roosterfish, grouper, amberjack, snapper or shark.
3/4 day trips are 7 hours. We meet for charters on the beach in Tamarindo in front of restaurant El Chiringuito (see Location tab) at 7:00 AM. There is limited parking here, but this beach pick-up point is just a short walk down the beach from many hotels in Tamarindo.
The Osprey is a 31' Rampage sportfisher. Osprey is powered by twin 300 HP Detroit Diesel engines, and has a spacious cockpit with fighting chair, covered seating area for up to six persons, and full cabin with private marine toilet.
The boat is outfitted for professional fishing and is a perfect match for one or two couples or mixed group. Amenities include:
- Marlin Tower
- Fighting Chair
- Full Cabin with Marine Toilet
- State of the Art Electronics
- Safety and Emergency Gear
Included on all 3/4 day charters is the following:
• Sunscreen is not included! There is plenty of sun here in the tropics, even on overcast days. Even on boats with lots of shade, the sun is reflected off of the water, so plan on bringing sunscreen, and perhaps a hat and shoes.
• Seasickness remedies are not included.
Please bring cash for a gratuity for the crew!
• Crew gratuities are not included. A tip of 10-20% for the boat is customary.
Jose has been fishing since 1989, beginning as mate on one of the early boats that first started out of Tamarindo. He then fished as Captain on a 22' Boston Whaler for years before transitioning to Captain of the 31' ft. Osprey.
1st mate Alex Ruiz has 30+ years of fishing experience here in Tamarindo. Over the years he has gained a wealth of knowledge of the local species and their feeding habits and will provide you with your best chance of success on your charter.